I found this somewhere and thought I should fill it out!
- Who is your hero?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Probably where I live right now! 🙂
- What is your biggest fear?
Either dogs or surgery.
- What is your favorite family vacation?
N/A — vacations aren’t really my thing.
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
I wish I were more willing to step out of my comfort zone and try things that scare me.
- What really makes you angry?
Ignorant bigots, like Donald Trump. 😛
- What motivates you to work hard?
If I’m really interested in the work I’m doing.
- What is your favorite thing about your career?
That I get to learn tons of awesome stuff! 😉
- What is your biggest complaint about your job?
That I don’t actually have one.
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
My novel/short story collection.
- What is your child’s proudest accomplishment?
N/A — no children.
- What is your favorite book to read?
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
- What makes you laugh the most?
Depends! My friends, the Hitchhiker’s Guide, Monty Python, Doctor Who….
- What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
I saw a movie called Suffragette, about the English women who fought for their rights in the early 20th century. It was good, but not perfect.
- What did you want to be when you were small?
I’ve always wanted to be a scientist. Always.
- What does your child want to be when he/she grows up?
N/A — no children.
- If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
That’s a tricky one. Depends on my mood that day. I’d like to go to a science or computer lab, maybe.
- What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play?
I love to watch tennis. Play? I’m not a sporty person, but I do like scooter hockey….
- Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car?
Probably drive a car? It’s the most convenient of the three.
- What would you sing at Karaoke night?
“E.T.” by Katy Perry.
- What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most?
The pop ones. No, not the stations that only play the top 40 songs—the ones that have more variety and are more likely to play songs from five years ago.
- Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house?
Vacuum! I love vacuuming!
- If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work?
Cooking. I’m not too good at it. XD
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Soylant Green. (#obscure sci-fi reference)
- Who is your favorite author?
I can’t choose between Douglas Adams, Cressida Cowell, and Isaac Asimov.
- Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
People (online) just call me Star, because usually my username on a site is star-kwafie.
- Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?
I honestly have no idea!
- In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read?
Watch a movie! Or a TV show. Sci-fi, preferably.
- Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?
Hawaii — Alaska’s too cold.
- Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?
Complex question. Can it be a fictional character? If so, I’d say the Doctor (from Doctor Who).
- If money was no object, what would you do all day?
…I don’t really get the question?
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
BACK in time? Not forward? 😦
- How would your friends describe you?
- What are your hobbies?
Writing science fiction, drawing on Photoshop, advocating for LGBT+ rights… the list goes on.
- What is the best gift you have been given?
That would require me to sort through a list of all the gifts I’ve ever been given, which would take WAY too long. Off the top of my head, I’d say the Andorian (alien from Star Trek) hat I got for Christmas a couple years ago.
- What is the worst gift you have received?
Underwear that’s too small. I think we can all relate.
- Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
Honestly? My laptop.
- List two pet peeves.
1) when people say robots will destroy the world, and 2) when people try to talk over each other. Among other things.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
A published author!
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Three. Regular (for me that means pseudo-sneakers), hiking boots, and these awesome fancy boots.
- If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
Save most of the money, give some to charity. And use some of it to buy myself a new laptop, the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, and the domain starkwafie.com.
- What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.)
I don’t know why, but I love car rides.
- What’s your favorite zoo animal?
…Lizards? I don’t really like zoos….
- If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
In my lifetime? Or in the entire history of the world? I don’t really know, either way….
- If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
Alan Turing, Gene Roddenberry, Ray Kurzweil, Jad Abumrad.
- How many pillows do you sleep with?
One. What kind of question is this??
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep (and why)?
Around 24 hours—it’s a long story involving an airplane and jet lag.
- What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top in?
I don’t know….
- Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence?
Looks for intelligence.
- How often do you buy clothes?
Not very often. Though I absolutely LOVE to buy nerdy t-shirts.
- Have you ever had a secret admirer?
Not that I know of….
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
Rock climbing? Coming out? Not sure how you define “daring”….
- What was the last thing you recorded on TV?
We don’t get cable, but a while ago I was at someone else’s house, and I recorded an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise.
- What was the last book you read?
How to Fight a Dragon’s Fury by Cressida Cowell—the last book in the series!
- What’s your favorite type of foreign food?
- Are you a clean or messy person?
Usually clean. Except when it comes to my room. 😛
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
- How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
30 minutes, though it depends on whether it’s a weekend or not.
- What kitchen appliance do you use every day?
- What’s your favorite fast food chain?
I don’t like fast food….
- What’s your favorite family recipe?
Steamed artichoke…. 😀
- Do you love or hate rollercoasters?
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
Hosting the neighborhood Halloween party!
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
Too many to choose from….
- What’s your favorite movie?
The Imitation Game. Though Avatar, Star Trek: The Voyage Home, and Tron come pretty close.
- How old were you when you learned Santa wasn’t real? How did you find out?
Oh, I always knew. I just liked to pretend he was real, just for fun.
- Is your glass half full or half empty?
Half full—I’m an optimist.
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
- What three items would you take with you on a deserted island?
Laptop, solar energy converter, portable wi-fi hub. XD
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
- Do you collect anything?
- Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion?
Bow ties. But only because I’m a Whovian.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest?
Sight — also, a lot of my synesthesia relates to sight.
- Have you ever had a surprise party? (that was an actual surprise)
- Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous?
Francis Bacon, and Lawrence of Arabia’s bodyguard.
- What do you do to keep fit?
I love to go on hikes.
- Does your family have a “motto” – spoken or unspoken?
No, but I do: “Reality is for people who can’t handle science fiction.”
- If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
Everyone has to treat each other equally.
- Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?
My first computer science teacher, because he was so funny and had a great relationship with the students. And he taught me tons.
- What three things do you think of the most each day?
I don’t know….
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- What song would you say best sums you up?
No clue. Most of the songs I listen to are different ways of saying either “I love you” or “Let’s break up”. 😛
- What celebrity would you like to meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee?
I thought I basically answered this on question 47….
- Who was your first crush?
- What’s the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?
- On a scale of 1-10 how funny would you say you are?
I have no idea… I mean, I think I’m pretty funny….
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Didn’t I answer this one already too?
- What was your first job?
- If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join?
- How many languages do you speak?
English, fluently. Learning Spanish. Really, really want to learn Klingon.
- What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
I answered this on question 66! -_-
- Who is the most intelligent person you know?
Is it too egotistical to say myself? XD
- If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be?
Some kind of bird. Maybe an owl.
- What is one thing you will never do again?
Can’t think of anything….
- Who knows you the best?